We’ve all become accustomed to the fact that 50% of marriages are doomed to fail; it’s almost proverbial at this point. But if you dive a bit deeper in to the hard numbers, you’ll see that contemporary unions are far more volatile than you’d think:
- Four out of every ten first marriages end in divorce.
- 60% of second marriages are dissolved within the first five years.
- More than 70% of third marriages don’t even make it to year three.
- There are almost one million divorce filings in the US each year.
- The average length of a marriage prior to separation is approximately eight years, which marks a 40% decrease from 20 years ago.
Thus, if you’ve noticed that your bonds of matrimony are diminishing and getting weaker by the day, it’s in your best interests to partner with a distinguished local divorce attorney as soon as possible, especially if your situation is becoming combative, vindictive, and distinctly uncomfortable.
How Can a Divorce Specialist Help?
If you establish a close relationship with a reputable divorce attorney in Fargo, ND, for instance, you’ll be able to get a head start and give yourself the best chance to protect your personal interests as well as your children. With this notion in mind, your divorce attorney will be able to:
- Clarify the grounds for your divorce
- Provide impartial, unprejudiced advice based on your unique scenario
- Account for all of your marital and jointly-owned possessions
- Determine a suitable property division strategy
- Negotiate settlements with your partner and his or her divorce attorney
- Establish viable custody arrangements
- Facilitate mediation and arbitration
- Represent your best interests in court
These versatile professionals have been through the ringer and they can put their decades of experience to work for you and your family. Divorce proceedings are not a DIY endeavor by any stretch of the imagination; you need proper representation.
What Can I Expect During My Initial Meeting?
The most prominent local divorce specialists, such as Rosenquist & Arnason PC, for instance, understand the intricacies, complexities, and emotions involved in today’s divorce filings, which is why they play such a crucial role nowadays.
During your initial fee-free consultation, your representative will be able to explain the nuances of your particular situation, create a suitable plan to address all of your concerns, and, most importantly, help you reduce your stress levels as you enter the next chapter of your life.